[rt-users] Help: How to set up RT

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Wed Apr 5 09:09:57 EDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 07:08:50PM +1000, Shen, Tyler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone give me some suggestions how to set up RT under a
> web sub-directory.
>
> Below is my configuration and it seems problematic...
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>
>     ServerName test.server.net.au
>     DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>
>     AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
>     ScriptAlias /servicedesk /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
>     Alias /servicedesk "/opt/rt3/share/html"
>
>     <Location /servicedesk>
>         AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>         SetHandler fastcgi-script
>     </Location>
> </VirtualHost>

This doesn't look at all like the config example in
the RT README file for FastCGI:

<VirtualHost rt.example.com>

   # Pass through requests to display images
   Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

   # Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.
   FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

   FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120

   AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
   ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

</VirtualHost>