[rt-users] Script to build timeworked report based on CustomField

Andreas Putzo putzoa at gmx.de
Thu Apr 6 16:42:32 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 20:37, Jason Fenner wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I am pretty new at writing scripts to use with RT.  Recently I wrote a
> script that I use to build a report on how much time we have spent
> working for the different departments in the company I work for.  The
> departments are set through a RT::Ticket Custom Field.
>
> This is my first RT script so, I'm sure that it needs a lot of
> improvements.  Feel free to post your thoughts and ideas.  I hope that
> other in the RT community will also find it useful.
>
> My fire proof suit is on and I look forward to hearing your input.
>
> Jason Fenner

If you don't want to access the sql database directly, you may also use
some of the modules which come with RT. This could also be useful in case,
the DB structure is changed in the future.
You can find some example code in $rtroot/bin/.
The modules are also well documented.
eg:
cd $rtroot/lib/RT
perldoc Tickets_Overlay