[rt-users] give view access with login/password

Joshua Colson jcolson at realm.ination.cc
Wed Apr 12 11:48:58 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 16:21 +0200, Stephane Robert - PacWan wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm quite new to customizing RT even if I use it for a while now, as
> a technical support ticketing system.
> I'd like to get some common advices to help me find how to do what I'd like.
> Here's the situation : there are 3 people opening ticket when they
> received some phone calls. In the ticket there is a custom filed
> corresponding to a unique customer number.
> What I'd like to do would be to give web access to a customer toi our
> ticketing system, so that with a unique login/password, he would be
> able to see (only see, and maybe comment) all ticket that have been
> opened for him (and not opened by him as customers don't open ticket,
> only hotliners open ticket for them).
> Is there an easy way to do this with out-of-the-box version of RT, or
> do I need to develop some web pages with clever PHP/SQL requests??
> Couldn't I create a user for the customer, make this user CCd (for
> example) of a ticket opened for him, and  then the customer, when
> he'd log on RT's start page could search/see all ticket opened for him?
> Thanks in advance for any advice!

Maybe I don't understand what you're asking for, but it seems this is
precisely what the RT Self Service interface does. Just have your
'hotliners' set the requester to the customer's email address when they
open the ticket. Then the customer can log in to RT's Self Service
interface and see their ticket(s).