[rt-users] LDAP Summary and supported implementations

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Fri Apr 21 00:31:19 EDT 2006

Hello!

On 4/20/06, Matt Nichols <mnichols at wayport.net> wrote:
> I understand that you use OpenLDAP yourself, but have you heard from
> anyone that managed to get your LDAP implementation working with Active
> Directory? Jim or anyone else on the list, could I see some example
> LdapSiteConfigSettings specifically for AD?

I do have notes in the install instructions of the LDAP page which
specify that, for Windows Active Directory, you must map the "Name"
attribute to "sAMAccountName". In order to draw more attention to
that, though, I've added a wiki page to further explain how to set
$RT::LdapAttrMap properly:

  http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?LdapAttrMap

Please let me know if that doesn't help enough; also, please feel free
to extend the Active Directory chunk of that page as I don't know the
first thing about it other than it seems to generate a lot of
questions here lately. ;]

Cheers!

--j
--