[rt-users] Installation Problem

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Fri Apr 21 12:32:37 EDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 05:00:09PM +0400, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> On 4/21/06, Lutz Jaenicke <Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.tu-cottbus.de> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > we are trying to install rt-3.4.5 on a FreeBSD system under OpenPKG.
> > So far it seems that all dependencies have been satisfied, nevertheless
> > connecting to RT fails with
> What exactly fails? Does it blow up your monitor?

Fortunately not.
It fails just like that. I do have an Apache instance running just
for RT. Apache starts up fine without problems. As soon as I try
to access the first RT page just the one single error message is
shown:

> >    Assert_Defined failed: Cache::BaseCache line 194
> Paste whole errors!

No Problem:

[Tue Mar 28 20:10:14 2006] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Mar 28 20:10:14 2006] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /v/openssl/sw/sbin/suexec)
[Tue Mar 28 20:10:14 2006] [notice] Accept mutex: flock (Default: flock)
[Tue Mar 28 20:10:19 2006] [error] Assert_Defined failed: Cache::BaseCache line 194\n

Yes, that was all.

> > The environment is Apache with mod_perl, Perl version is 5.8.7.
> > Any idea what may be causing the problem?
> No, unless you provide details.

The assertion is thrown inside perl's basics routines, or so it seems.
As I however did not find any way to obtain a backtrace I just have the
information above. If I would have found more information I probably
would have come furrther mysef.
The main system (and OpenPKG) adminstrator has installed all of the
latest Perl components and guesses that it might be a version
incompatibility of some module -- but we did not yet find a clue
where to exactly search...
Google does not list anything useful, so it does not seem to be a
day to day problem usually discussed on mailing lists...

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/