[rt-users] Message could not be recorded

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Fri Apr 28 16:04:02 EDT 2006

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> getting to a queue they don't have permissions to or something? (That
> looks really broken). Show us the message the user sends in?

I can verify that "Message not recorded" is the error you get if you do
not have permission to Reply to a ticket.

Make sure that Requestors have (Global) Reply permissions. Also keep in
mind that if the Requestor uses a different mail alias
(whatever at mail.blah.com instead of whatever at blah.com, for example), RT
won't know who they are and it will post the error.