[rt-users] 3.6 continual re-login issue

Jim Brandt cbrandt at buffalo.edu
Fri Aug 4 07:55:12 EDT 2006

I'm running RT 3.6.1rc2 on

Mac OS X 10.4 server
perl 5.8.6
apache
Oracle 9i
using LDAP integration

I started with upgrading 3.4.5 to 3.6 and had the continual login issue.
I found the discussion on the list and downloaded and ran the upgrade
with 3.6.1rc2. Now I appear to be at the point described below.

> This version has gone from continual to only the first page after RT at
> a glance page.
> Seems once I login and select either a ticket or a queue from the Quick
> Search, it returns me to the login. I login and it displays the page.
> Then I can click home and get back to the home page and then go thru the
> ticket or Quick search and get the page.

Then I saw this:

> Finally managed to get this fixed...
> We have a local copy of autohandler with ldap integration. Went thru the
> ldap portion and made some changes in it and now everything is working.
> Seems the problem was caused by the way I had to set up our database
> lookup versus the way corporate rt set up theirs.
>
> Thanks for all the help Jesse..

Could someone share the changes to the LDAP integration (or point me to
another post I may have missed)?

We're using the /local/lib/RT/User_Local.pm version and we don't have an
autohandler.

Thanks,
Jim

--