[rt-users] version 3.6.1--dreaded infinite login

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 9 11:24:36 EDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 11:13:17AM -0400, Stephen Turner wrote:
> At Wednesday 8/9/2006 10:51 AM, Jim Brandt wrote:
>
> >Anyone else still seeing multiple logins, or is something messed up
> >on my system?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Jim
>
> Jim,
>
> We're still struggling with this, although I haven't been able to try 3.6.
>
> I have something that may be a workaround - I'd be curious to see if
> it works for you. I put a static-html copy of the Login page on a
> different web server from my RT instance. In that html page, I
> changed the login form action from POST to GET, and I changed the
> form's action to the full URL of my RT instance. It seems to work OK -

There are two primary causes:

1) An RT instance with multiple hostnames, such that when RT redirects
to itself, it changes hostnames on the users
2) A bug in Apache::Session's statement handle caching that causes RT to
silently obliterate users' sessions, usually on redirect.

You might try backporting the new redirect code from 3.6.

Best,
Jesse