[rt-users] version 3.6.1--dreaded infinite login

Jim Brandt cbrandt at buffalo.edu
Thu Aug 10 09:26:58 EDT 2006

Joop van de Wege wrote:

> I read somewhere that Apache::Session could be the culprit. So I upgrade
> the rt-3.6.1 perl instance Apache::Session to 1.81. Did apache stop,
> cleaned mason-cache, apache start and tried to login, got the Home page
> and clicked Home again--> no loginbox  ;-))) yeah.

For my system, CPAN told me I was OK on Apache::Session at version 1.81
and the change log didn't show any changes. I asked for updated modules
and it showed two new ones:

cpan> r

Package namespace         installed    latest  in CPAN file
Apache::Session::Generate::ModUniqueId      0.01      0.02
MIYAGAWA/Apache-Session-Generate-ModUniqueId-0.02.tar.gz
Apache::Session::Generate::ModUsertrack      0.01      0.02
MIYAGAWA/Apache-Session-Generate-ModUsertrack-0.02.tar.gz

Strangely, if you look at http://search.cpan.org under Apache::Session,
it still shows these two modules at 0.01, even though 0.02 appears to
have been uploaded years ago. You can see version 0.02 by going to them
directly. The strange thing is that the only things listed in the change
log is a syntax error...

I ran the install for these two modules but I'm not sure it changed
anything.

If I quit the browser I consistently get prompted twice (login, click a
link, login again, then no more logins), sometimes three times.
If I keep the browser running and use just the 'Logout' button, it only
get prompted once, so logout/login appears to work correctly.

Anyone else have luck with an Apache::Session upgrade fixing things?

Jim

--
Jim Brandt
Administrative Computing Services