[rt-users] make initialize-database problem on Solaris 10?

Chris Riddoch chris at appliedbroadband.com
Thu Aug 10 12:44:09 EDT 2006

Chris Riddoch wrote:
> When I do a make initialize-database, I get a segfault on Solaris 10:

Yeah, I know it's cheesy to reply to myself, but I want anyone else who
runs into this issue to have an easier time of fixing it than I did.

Running the Perl debugger, at least didn't segfault. It complained about
the stack size and indicated that it occurred somewhere in Sys::Syslog's
space, so I did the natural thing and changed RT's configuration to log
directly to a file rather than through Syslog. It worked!

I still don't know the root cause, whether it's Solaris, syslog, Perl,
RT, Sys::Syslog, or what... but I found a workaround.

Anyway, I'm up and running now. All I've got to do is set up some mail
aliases.

--
epistemological humility
   - Chris Riddoch -