[rt-users] 10 Highest Priority Tickets I own link problems

Josh Barron joshb at netcentralinc.com
Tue Aug 15 14:00:38 EDT 2006

Thanks Erik

That fixed the problem!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Peterson, Erik [mailto:epeterson at edc.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 11:50 AM
To: Josh Barron
Subject: Re: [rt-users] 10 Highest Priority Tickets I own link problems

Josh,

You may need to remove the "Attributes" entry for those two users.  If
you
customize (even if you don't change anything) the At-A-Glance pieces,
they're saved as an entry in the Attributes table.  I believe that
they're
something like: Pref-RT::Attribute-27 but that may vary...

If you know the id for those users (say 28 for example), you can find it
with the following SQL:

select id, Name, Description, ObjectType, ContentType from Attributes
where
ObjectId=28 and ObjectType='RT::User';

You can delete the individual Attribute with no other adverse effects.

Delete from Attributes where id=30;

(Use whatever the id really is!)

Then they should show the correct listing.

Hope that helps,
_Erik

On 8/15/06 1:36 PM, "Josh Barron" <joshb at netcentralinc.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I've tried to follow some of the basic solutions listed here with no
> resolution.
>
> Just to give some more testing information...
> I created a new user called RTest, gave the user SU priv's and
assigned
> a ticket to him.  On his RT at a Glance page, the ticket showed up
> successfully and everything worked.
>
> I copied exactly what was listed below by Erik into my RT Advanced
> search criteria for the search in question, but the links still do not
> show up correctly?
>
> I'm not exactly sure how to start to follow Wills' suggestions.
>
> Restarting the webserver doesn't fix the problem either.
>
> To make it clear, ONLY 2 of the users are having this problem, and
they
> have the same permissions as users that are NOT having problems.

Peterson,
> Erik
> Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 5:27 PM
> To: Will Maier; rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
> Subject: Re: [rt-users] 10 Highest Priority Tickets I own link
problems

> On 8/14/06 5:48 PM, "Will Maier" <willmaier at ml1.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 02:48:54PM -0600, Josh Barron wrote:
>>> All they see is plain text for the list
>>> of tickets.  I have verified this behavior from my workstation for
>>> all of their accounts.
>>
>> We just spent half of today trying to hunt this bug down at our
>> site. It's not necessarily a bug, per se, but it sure is annoying.
>>

> I also spent a while with this one today...  Thought it was me, but
> looks
> like it's something about modifying the System Saved Search.  If you
log
> in
> as superuser and edit the At-A-Glance "N newest unowned tickets" or "N
> highest priority tickets I own", you should be able to "edit the
> predefined
> search itself".  I found the problem by choosing the "advanced" view
of
> the
> query.
>
> It showed:
>
> '<a>__id__</a>/TITLE:#',
> '<a>__Subject__</a>/TITLE:Subject',
> Etc.
>
> In the second (Format) textarea...
> I was able to get the correct format by changing these to:
>
> '<a href="/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__">__id__</a>/TITLE:#',
> '<a
> href="/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__">__Subject__</a>/TITLE:Subject',
>
> And (this was the important part!) Apply the changes and then Click on
> the
> "Save" button for the "[_1] highest priority tickets I own" in the
Saved