[rt-users] CLI: manipulating "privileged" status

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Mon Aug 21 05:34:12 EDT 2006

Is the long-standing bug with the CLI and groups fixed in 3.6.1? I'm planning to upgrade from 3.6.0 anyhow; if this is fixed I'll reprioritize the upgrade.

If not, is there any way (from the command line) to manipulate a user's "privileged" status? I have a metric buttload of users to enable, and I have no wish to click through each one successively just to change one freakin' checkbox.

If I'm being stupid (certainly wouldn't be the first time) and there's an easy way to do this without using the bin/rt tool, please feel free to ridicule me while you point out the answer. I would've tried it directly in MySQL, but the Privileged pseudogroup is nameless. :-(

Thanks,
Ole

PS. I say "long-standing" because after extensive Googling and archive spelunking, I've found the same question popping up several times but it's never answered (at least, not on-list.) In 3.6.0 I get "# Unknown object type: group" from any attempt to show, list, edit, or create a group using the rt commandline tool, despite the verbiage in both the tool itself and in RT Essentials. This seems to have been a problem since at least 3.4.4.