[rt-users] Question about RT CLI custom field / web-interface

Carl Davis lists at tswireless.net
Wed Aug 23 20:13:50 EDT 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:54:41 -0700
Joshua Colson <jcolson at voidgate.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 07:08 -0500, lists at tswireless.net wrote:
> > Can you elaborate on this.  I can't seem to figure out how to display my
> > custom fields via the cli.  I am using rt 0.02 which came with rt-3.6.1
> >
> > Carl
>
> Assuming you have a custom field called 'Training' associated with
> ticket number 45367, you could do the following:
>
> user at host:> rt show -f CF-Training,Subject,Priority ticket/45367
> id: ticket/45367
> CF-Training: Yes
> Subject: Whatever the subject is currently set to
>

> The confusing thing about the rt CLI tool in regard to custom fields is
> that searching requires a syntax like 'CF.{Training}' and showing uses
> the 'CF-Training' form.
>
> HTH

I must still be doing something wrong.  Here is what I have for custom fields:

Custom Fields for Tickets

    * Address: Address
    * Billmax_Account_Number:
    * City:
    * Contact_Phone: Contact Phone Number

Custom Fields for Ticket Transactions

    * Inventory_Used: Inventory Used
    * Unlisted_Inventory_Used:

And I only have one ticket so far as I am still playing with things.

[cdavis at localhost ~]$ rt show ticket/1 -f CF-Address,CF-City,subject
id: ticket/1
:
:
Subject: Scott

The custom fields are populated when looking at the ticket on the web interface.

Carl