[rt-users] extractcustomfields breaks with attachments ?

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 31 10:43:09 EDT 2006

Hello,

--Am 31. August 2006 18:21:18 +0400 schrieb Ruslan Zakirov
<ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com>:

> Most probably this extension has problems with selecting a text part
> in a multipart email (message with attachments).

ECFV does its best, by using TransactionObj->ContentObj from the RT-API,
which RT uses itself to select the most appropriate text part of a message
/ multipart and so on.

to the original poster:

Maybe the message has no text part and matching text in html most probably
fails because of intervening tags.

Be sure that you have the most recent version of ECFV (1.2b3 from
<http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pape/rt3/ExtractCustomFieldValues.tgz>).

There may be another cause as well: I recently observed that ECFV had
problems with mail which have Content-type Headers with encoded filename
entries from Outlook. That became better after a patch from you, Ruslan,
which fixed it partly (regarding international characters in attachment
filename).

Regards,
Dirk