[rt-users] Help: How do I restrict user access by queue?

Chaim Rieger chaim.rieger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 19:33:54 EST 2006

Leo C. Ureel II wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How do I restrict user access by queue? I've some users who only have
> been granted rights in certain queues. And this limits their 'RT at a
> Glance' view, such that they only can browse tickets in their
> particular queues. However, the '10 newest unowned tickets' section
> still shows unowned tickets in other queues. In fact, it seems that
> any ticket that is not owned or assigned to a particular queue is
> potentially visible to these users. And if the user knows the number
> of a ticket - or can compose a search query that returns a ticket in
> another queue, they have the ability to view tickets that should
> otherwise be restricted.

one question

how can you have a ticket that is not assigned to a queue, afaik all
tickets when opened/created belong to a queue, if your user only has
access to queue 2 then all tickets in queue 1 no matter their status
will not be visible to that user.

do you perhaps have a global setting that allows anybody to view
tickets/queues ?

--
eats the blues for breakfast,
does unix for rent,