[rt-users] What kind of hardware setup are you using?

John Arends jarends at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 5 17:24:23 EST 2006

I'm curious what type of machine people here using to run RT as well as
what sort of database, and if the machines have anything else running on
them.

At the moment I'm thinking about running the RT instance in a VMWare
server pointing the database to our departmental MySQL server.

I'm looking xen instead of VMWare server because it might allow for
quicker disaster recovery.

Either way I figure we'd be covered by a once a day snapshot of the
virtual machine and we can use our current database backup schemes so
nothing new would have to be done for RT on the db server.

How do you all handle backups/DR? Is anyone else running RT in a virtual
machine?