[rt-users] What kind of hardware setup are you using?

Chaim Rieger chaim.rieger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 19:59:42 EST 2006

John Arends wrote:
> I'm curious what type of machine people here using to run RT as well
> as what sort of database, and if the machines have anything else
> running on them.
>
> How do you all handle backups/DR? Is anyone else running RT in a
> virtual machine?
i run rt on a real host (non virt) mysql resides on a netapp filer which
gets mirrored 3000 miles away every 30 minutes,
in addition i dump full db nightly.

we do DR testing once a month, and so far have not had any issues, we
tend to rely on the mysql dump though, the netapp mirror will only be
used for reading the tickets opened within the past 12 -/+ hours

because the mysql db is pretty much always in a constant state of
writing, i would not rely on a snapshot too much, the *.FYI files
usually get a bit messed up..

--
eats the blues for breakfast,
does unix for rent,