[rt-users] NIS/automatic user creation question...

Glenn E. Sieb ges at wingfoot.org
Fri Dec 8 15:00:30 EST 2006

So we use NIS here for our cluster of boxes, and I'm setting up RT for
our use for my help queues. So, I tied RT into NIS. (We're using 3.4.5
here for now.)

Is there a way to have a scrip run that would go "Hey, you don't have an
email address set!" and would bring you to the screen so you could edit
your own account info? Since NIS doesn't have all the nifty LDAP stuff
like email address(es) and such, I can't just populate people's email
automatically.

(Or does a later version of RT handle this already?)

Thanks in advance!
Best,
--Glenn