[rt-users] RTFM howto modify the way how articles are inserted ?

Jodok Ole Muellers jodok.o.mullers at deu.mci.com
Mon Dec 11 10:37:30 EST 2006

Hello,

We created a custom field for RTFM Articles called "Description"
which is an textarea that usually contains an HOWTO that gets replied from
our helpdesk to the requestors.

It will be inserted like this in the ticket:

      1 #9: HOWTO request a password reset.
      2 -----------------------------------
      3
      5 -----------
      6 To request a password reset please submit the web form at:
      7 http://somewhere.nowhere.tld/passwords/reset/

We would like to get rid of line 1-5 and only get the content of
the custom field inserted but not the name "Description" nor the Titel of the RTFM article.
We do not want that text as displayed in line 1-5 in the ticket and the reply.

How could we achieve this ?

I think it could be related to this file
./share/html/Callbacks/RTFM/Ticket/Update.html/BeforeMessageBox
But I have no clue how to modify it.

Hints are much appreciated!

cheers, jodok