[rt-users] RT -- IRC integration?

Matthew Seaman matthew.seaman at thebunker.net
Fri Dec 22 04:19:57 EST 2006

Dear List,

We're thinking about proving an IRC service for our customers to
communicate with us, and as part of that we'd like to be able to
integrate it with RT for ticketing and ultimately billing purposes.
RT already does WWW and SMTP -- why not IRC too?

Searching with google finds a lot of references to chat rooms about
RT, but not what I'm looking for.  Searching the RT Wiki and CPAN has
turned up nothing appropriate, although the RT bot at
http://www.dmo.ca/projects/hacks/RT/RT.bm is more like it.  Alas, it
doesn't have the sort of functionality I'm after.

I guess the sort of thing I'm looking for hasn't been done yet, but I
thought I'd ask if anyone knew of some all-singing all-dancing RT-capable
chat-bots out there?  I'd be interested to hear of anyone's experiences
in doing something similar.

At the moment I'm only gathering the information we'll need before we
decide whether to go ahead with this IRC project or not; part of that
will be to evaluate what we can afford to spend on programmer and admin
time in setting it up.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew Seaman                        The Bunker, Ash Radar Station
PGP: 0x60AE908C on servers               Marshborough Rd