[rt-users] Search on Ticket Transaction custom fields

Hornet hornetmadness at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 14:45:31 EST 2006

On 10/10/06, Hersker, Steve <SHersker at tngus.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>

> I think this has been an mentioned in the past and I dug through the lists
> again but no luck but I may have missed it…
>

> Is there a way to search for values in a custom field associated with a
> Ticket Transaction, not a Ticket?
>

> We track our after-hours support calls by flagging the Ticket Transaction as
> No, Yes (Emergency), Yes (non-emergency). I'd prefer to keep it on the
> Ticket Transaction level because we may continue working on a particular
> issue during regular hours. So, perhaps 30 minutes was after hours but we
> continued and resolved the ticket after another 60 minutes during business
> hours. I need to report the 30 minutes, not the total 90 minutes.
>

> Depending on the responses to this, I'll likely just have to move the custom
> field up to the Ticket level and advise my engineers that if it's not
> resolved after hours, they'll need to open a new ticket for the "business
> hours" portion and reference the other ticket.
>

> Does anyone have any suggestions for handling this better? (The goal being
> to report to mgmt the # of and time worked for after hours support calls).
>

> Thanks
>
> Steve

Steve,

I've been trying to do something similar. I have Close codes that
needs to be selected upon the resolve or closure of a ticket. What I
think I (we) need to do is make a scrip to pull the selection and pack
it into a ticket level CF. That would make it search able. Now
actually doing this is a royal pain. I poured over google, thw wiki
and alike looking for the answer. I've even posted the same basic
question on this mailing list. I never got a response. Looking back in
the mailing list archives, others have asked also with no response. So
I think either no one knows how to do this, so its to trivial to
answer. I even got the RT essentials book, and that  has poor coverage
on CF's in general.

--

-Erik-