[rt-users] Best practices: Queues vs. Custom fields

Schultz, Eric ESchultz at corp.untd.com
Wed Feb 1 12:35:36 EST 2006

I'll let someone else answer the more general question :-)

As for your last question - sure.  Only problem is, with "From", you
have a large number of people to check.  Better to have several
different email aliases that all point at the same queue, and then check
the "To" header.  Eg:

printers at tickets.yourcompany.com
pcrepair at tickets.yourcompany.com
software at tickets.yourcompany.com

Then, make a custom scrip for the queue that takes the first part (like
printers) and sets that as the CF value, but only if the new ticket is
created by email.

Condition: On Create
Action: User Defined
Template: Global template: Blank
Stage: TransactionCreate

Custom condition:

Custom action preparation code:
# Get the message attachment
my $msgatt = $self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First;
return 0 if (!$msgatt);  # if no message attachment - assume web UI
return 0 if (!$msgatt->GetHeader('Received'));  # exit if not email
message

Custom action cleanup code:
my $msgatt = $self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First;
my $reqtype = $msgatt->GetHeader('To');
($reqtype) = ($team =~ /<(\w+)\@.+$/);

my $cf = RT::CustomField->new( $RT::SystemUser );
$self->TicketObj->AddCustomFieldValue( Field => 19, Value => $reqtype,
RecordTransaction => 0 ) if
($self->TicketObj->CustomFieldValues($cf->Id)->Count < 1);