[rt-users] Stripping email history from reply mail body

Davin Flatten flatten at ecs.umass.edu
Thu Feb 2 18:30:32 EST 2006

I don't know if this is possible or not, but has anyone figured out how
to strip out the original message body from reply messages.  What is
happening to us is when a ticket is a longer job each reply from our
users contains the original message sent to them.  If I don't strip this
by hand each new correspondence grows larger and the ticket history
becomes really difficult to read.  Do you think I could safely regex the
mail body in a scrip?  Maybe get rid of lines starting with '>'?

Anyone have a solution already short of educating our users?

Thanks!
Davin Flatten