[rt-users] Problem with Update.html and local modification, and evaluation of RT

Bill Bill at explosivo.com
Fri Feb 3 21:24:09 EST 2006

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 07:25:40 +1100
"Robert Rowland" <Robert at directnetit.com.au> spake:

> Secondly, do you find that the documentation is up to par? I have struggled to find information about how to use the local directory, callbacks, and so on. And other items. Maybe I just don't know my way around the wiki very well, and
maybe I'm just not very clever. The next person who tells me that won't
be the first ;-).

We are just getting started with it in the big scheme of things.  I
found the wiki to be good enough to get going, and plan on acquiring
the book so I have something to hit users with when they ask about
using it.  The nice part about the wiki is that you can add onto the
documentation as you see fit.  After wallowing a bit getting it working
on OpenBSD, I added an OpenBSD page to the wiki.  Its worth spending
time in there and reading a lot on this list.

> Thirdly, impressions of the product as a whole? Good, bad, reliable/trustworthy, annoying niggles?

So far it seems excellent for the price.  We've written our own in the
past, then were considering a commercial package, then found this.
Feature wise I think RT hits it nicely with not overdoing the fields
and tracking, but also does not do too little.

--

Bill Chmura
Director of Internet Technology

p: 860.621.8693