[rt-users] Can RT be used with Shared/Virtual webhosting?

Ryan Small rsmall at solidcad.ca
Tue Feb 7 12:23:29 EST 2006

I'm evaluating RT and have what should be a basic question: "Can RT be used with Shared/Virtual webhosting?"

Let me clarify: For example, lets suppose our company has a website, HYPERLINK "http://www.mycompany.com"www.mycompany.com, which is hosted with another company on a shared server.  As a result, our ability to configure this server is limited.  Assuming that the server at the webhost is running the necessary software (Apache, MySql, Perl, etc.), can RT be used in this environment?

The reason I ask is because it seems according to the documentation, including the RT Essentials book which I purchased, that some of the configuration is only possible if you have unrestricted access to the server.

Thanks,

  Ryan