[rt-users] 3.2.1 to 3.4.5 upgrade

JB Segal jb at smarterliving.com
Thu Feb 16 15:25:14 EST 2006

So, back in August, there was the discussion that started at
http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2005-August/033042.html
and continued with alexmv saying
"It looks like you're upgrading from something earlier than 3.3.0, not
from 3.4 -- 3.4 already contains a "NewReference" column.  Please read
the README file that comes with the distribution, specifically the part
labeled 'If you're upgrading from RT 3.0 or newer'.  'make upgrade' does
not upgrade your database tables; you will need to run rt-setup-database
to do that."

So, I'm doing a test upgrade on a non-live server of an rsync of our
live server. I've got 3.2.1 working (though gods know it took long
enough - perl upgrade issues).

The README says:
 - - - -
./configure {--with-appropriate-options}
make testdeps
make fixdeps
make upgrade

Update etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm

ls etc/upgrade
For each item in that directory whose name is greater than
     your previously installed RT version, run:

       /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action {various}
 - - - -

So, the make procedes and echos the same instructions about looking in
etc/upgrade and dealing as appropriate.

HOWEVER:

[root at braintree etc]# pwd
/usr/local/rt/etc
[root at braintree etc]# ls up*
ls: up*: No such file or directory

which will, sometime shortly, leave me with the same problem Alex was
replying to... a database without the correct Tables/Columns/Whatever.

I'll happily take any advice.

Thanks,
JB
--