[rt-users] Building Upon the Concept from AutogeneratedPasswo rd (fwd)

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Fri Feb 17 12:46:43 EST 2006

doogles at doogles.com wrote:
> Hrm, is there any authentication to this?  I'm thinking something like
> the e-commerce folks use, email out a big long string that needs to be
..

We do something along those lines at Rice -- if a user requests a new
password, RT sends a confirmation e-mail to them, and they must reply to
the confirmation e-mail leaving the Subject line intact to get a new
password. It's all done with custom scrips on a special queue.

Rick R.

--
Rick Russell
For computer help, call xHELP (x4357 or 713-348-4357)