[rt-users] Can't install the PerlModule 5.8.3?

zhou jian sunzhoujian at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 16:36:16 EST 2006

[root at osg-tg2 rt-3.4.5]# yum install rt
Server: Fedora Linux / stable for Red Hat Linux 9
(i386)
Server: Macromedia Flash Player for Red Hat Linux 9
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 (i386)
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 (i386) updates
Server: RT 3.4.x, updates and extra perl module
packages
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
rt is installed and is the latest version.

I checked the yum installation again. It looks like
above. Actually I am not quite sure what type of
mod-perl I was installing. I just followed the
instructions to install that. Because it is mentioned
in the document we have to use Perl 5.8.3 or later. I
suspect that it is the reason that the http server
complains.

Actually I checked the version of perl in my machine.

[root at osg-tg2 bin]# perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i686-linux
the Perl Home Page.

But I don't know where to check the perl module you
mentioned and could you give me some hints? And where
should I find the log file? There is no log file for
my httpd server since it even didn't start up.

--Paul