[rt-users] editing tickets (comments and replies) - I know theanswer, but dont understand why...

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 10:47:28 EST 2006

On 1/3/06, Scott Courtney <scott at 4th.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 January 2006 10:11, Stephen Turner wrote:
> > With spam, you're talking about deleting whole tickets rather than
> > individual transactions, so it's a different issue.
> >
> > Re. deleting transactions, a Delete method did appear in the Transaction
> > API somewhere in the 3.4 series (I think) and I've used it successfully,
> > although there's no UI control to invoke it (yet?).
>
> In my company's use of RT, someone renamed the "deleted" status to "dead", to
> better indicate that the ticket is marked as defunct but is not physically
> removed from the database. (This happened before I took over as RT admin,
> but I think it's a good idea.)
>
> I'll check out that Shredder applet. Sounds useful. My only concern is that
> I might not want to wipe out *all* deleted tickets. Sometimes there is a need
> to mark a ticket as "killed this project" but still have it available for
> search later. That's what we use "dead" status for...on rare occasions, one
> of those tickets gets resurrected. The only ones I'd want to truly nuke from
> the database are the spams, which have no historical value at all.
As you understand I couldn't implement AI into shredder tool that
calculate value. If you can find tickets you want to wipeout forever
then this could be implemented into shredder with
RTx::Shredder::Plugin::*. Last versions has "search plugins" feature
that allow to select objects for deletion with custom code.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.