[rt-users] LDAP CONTRIB: Looking for a few good guinea pigs

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Mon Jan 9 18:40:41 EST 2006

Hello!

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 15:24, Mike Ely wrote:
> Hey, Jim, thanks for this.  I've implemented it on my RT-3.4 setup
> running on a debian server, connecting to an openldap server that's also
> used for our samba backend.  User authentication works fine with ldap
> password information (if the user is allready granted rights in RT),
> but, and this is kind of a whopper, I can't login to RT as root any
> longer!  No, there is not nor will there be a root user in LDAP, so how
> do I work around this?  Or what more information do you need?

No worries re: having root in LDAP; it shouldn't be required as long as
root has a password in the RT database (which it usually does =). First,
let's check ${RTHOME}/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm to see that you've set
$RT::AuthMethods as would be needed:

Set($AuthMethods, ['LDAP', 'Internal']);

If that's already set, could you step up logging to the debug level and
send me what shows up there when root tries to log in? If you're logging
to a file, look for this in your RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set($LogToFile      , 'debug');

...and if it doesn't say 'debug', change it to do so. =] Restart your
instance, then try to log in as root and let's see what comes up in the
logs.

Thanks!

--j
--