[rt-users] Sendmail Configuration problem in RT

Prasad Deshpande prasaddeshpande at bajajfinance.in
Mon Jan 16 05:13:08 EST 2006

Hi,

I am running RT 2.0.15 on Red Hat 9.  I am facing problem in sending and
receiving the mails. I have configured sendmail on the RT machine but
the mails are not getting sent. The maillog shows that mails are queued.
I do not have direct network connection on this (RT) machine but I do
have separate proxy server ( Squid on Red Hat 9)  with broadband
connection. In sendmail.mc file I have mentioned the ip address of the
proxy server but still it is not working.
define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.your.provider')

Please let me know if I can use proxy server for sending and receiving (
mail gateway ) the mails for RT. If yes then what I will have to do.

Thanks.

Prasad Deshpande