[rt-users] RT HTML and CSS

Goddard Lee lee.goddard at easa.eu.int
Mon Jan 16 10:37:10 EST 2006

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 11:41:10AM +0100, Goddard Lee wrote:
> > Are there any plans by BestPractical to update the HTML templates?
> >

> Have you looked at RT 3.5.x? I'd love to hear your comments
> on the cssification we've done there.

Ah, so that's what I saw at CPAN. Very nice indeed! The graphic design
is a matter of taste, but the XHTML tagging: excellent stuff! That is
going to make my life much easier, which means I'll never get to play
with Scarab :-)

Niggles you probably know about: some of the columns overlap on the
latest IE on Windows 'Professional'; the 'nav'/'system-menu' doesn't
span the screen but does look as if it ought to.

Question: some of the mark-up is a bit strange. For example (only
example I have so far):

<ul id="system-menu">
  <li><span class="bullet">...

Wouldn't that be better as:

<ul id="system-menu" class="wrapper">
  <li class="bullet">...

Is there a reason for the seeminly redundant div and span elements?

Many thanks
lee