[rt-users] RT HTML and CSS

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Jan 16 10:52:05 EST 2006

Goddard Lee wrote:
> Ah, so that's what I saw at CPAN. Very nice indeed! The graphic design
> is a matter of taste, but the XHTML tagging: excellent stuff! That is
> going to make my life much easier, which means I'll never get to play
> with Scarab :-)

I don't think it's quite proper XHTML yet, but it's much closer.

> Niggles you probably know about: some of the columns overlap on the
> latest IE on Windows 'Professional'; the 'nav'/'system-menu' doesn't
> span the screen but does look as if it ought to.

Which columns are you talking about?  A screenshot would be dandy.  :)

> Question: some of the mark-up is a bit strange. For example (only
> example I have so far):

> <ul id="system-menu">
>   <li><span class="bullet">...
>
> Wouldn't that be better as:
>
> <ul id="system-menu" class="wrapper">
>   <li class="bullet">...
>
> Is there a reason for the seeminly redundant div and span elements?

Yes, the extra divs are there for doing the rounded corners (which I've
done manually instead of using Javascript to add the extra elements).
The span is there to style the bullet independently of the list item.

Cheers,
Tom