[rt-users] Fw: Returned mail: see transcript for details -rt-mailgate problem

Goddard Lee lee.goddard at easa.eu.int
Tue Jan 17 09:02:52 EST 2006

> From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
>
> Can someone help me with this problem? I searched on the list
> and found no solution for this yet?
> >   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> > "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
> correspond --url http://localhost/tickets/"
> >    (reason: Service unavailable)
> >    (expanded from: <general at localhost.com>)

Localhost.com ??

> >   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > 553 5.3.0 header syntax error, line "X-Name-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the ISP for more information"
> > 553 5.3.0 header syntax error, line "X-NameWeb-MailScanner: Found to be clean"
> > 553 5.3.0 header syntax error, line "X-Name-MailScanner-From: praveen@"
> > smrsh: "rt-mailgate" not available for sendmail programs
> (stat failed)

Smrsh - you need to create a symlink for this. Let me know if you can't find the Wiki page: my personal wiki notes:

Uses sendmail to route to the rt-mailgate script.

Add the following to /etc/aliases so that sendmail will, for the addresses on the left, pipe mail to the programs on the right:
      rt-comment: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment --url http://rt/"
      rt:         "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url http://rt/"
Execute the newaliases command after making changes to alisases.
sendmail requires that for any such piped-to program, a symbolic link to be placed in /etc/smrsh/:
ln -s /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate /etc/smrsh/
Set the correspondance e-mail addresses in the RT configuration file RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set($CorrespondAddress , 'rt at dave11.easa.local'); Set($CommentAddress , 'rt-comments at dave11.easa.local');

To have e-mails appear to come from RT, make sure the RT httpd is running as user rt, and that this is not a log-on account.

Lee Goddard
Internet Application Analysis/Development
European Aviation Safety Agency
Administrative Directorate

E: Lee.Goddard at EASA.EU.int
T: +49 221 89990 3221