[rt-users] creating and resolving a ticket in one entry

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Sun Jan 22 00:10:16 EST 2006

You need a user-defined condition:

  if (    ( $self->TransactionObj->Type eq 'Create' )
       && ( $self->TicketObj->Status eq 'resolved' )  )
  { return (1); }
  else
  { return (undef); }

Then tie a special template to this action. For example, we've got two
templates. One of them is the usual "thank you for contacting us, your
ticket number is #blah, we will contact you ASAP for an appointment", etc.
We send this template on the creation of any new or open tickets.

The other template is "Thank you for contacting us. Since we resolved your
request during our conversation, please contact us if you have any further
problems." We send this template on the creation of a resolved ticket.

I've got tons of custom code for dealing with university situations. Contact
me if you want to know more.

Rick R.

--
For computer help, call xHELP (x4357 or 713-348-4357)
On the web: http://helpdesk.rice.edu/