[rt-users] very long response time in RT3.4 windows package

pan steven stevpan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 00:44:46 EST 2006

Hi! All. (Sorry english is not my native language)

I just installed the latest windows package RT 3.4.0.test in my P4
box(256M) and find the response time is quite long.
the homepage will take about 0.7-2.0 seconds to display and the ticket
display time may be as long as 4-5 seconds.

To reduce memory usage, i changed the mysql configuration and reduced
its buffer. The max modperl Interpreter number is reduced too.

could any one give some tips for rt working in a small box? ( the manual
tells recommended memory is 1G)

I tested the mysql link and mason/mod_perl response time with some
simple "hello world", "select * from test" scripts and got quick responses.

in site.conf, i tested both cgi and mod_perl options, the display time
almost does not change.

Thanks a lot.