[rt-users] $RT::Handle

Michael Methe mmethe at ci.keene.nh.us
Mon Jan 23 12:07:28 EST 2006

I have gotten my Oracle XE install to the point of getting part way
through 'make initialize-database'  Here is the output:

/usr/bin/perl //usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba
rt --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
connect to your Oracle instance on localhost as rt.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
Now creating a database for RT.
...skipped as rt is not rt or we're working with Oracle.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
Done setting up database schema.
Now inserting database ACLs
Now inserting RT core system objects
[Mon Jan 23 16:44:17 2006] [crit]: Connect Failed ORA-12154: TNS:could
not resolve the connect identifier specified (DBD ERROR:
OCIServerAttach)
 at //usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-setup-database line 393
 (/usr/local/rt/lib/RT.pm:295)
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255

Line 393 is the following:
#connect to the db, for actual RT work
    require RT::Handle;
    $RT::Handle = RT::Handle->new();