[rt-users] Password Reminder

Travis Campbell travis.campbell at amd.com
Mon Jan 30 14:44:42 EST 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 12:12:47PM -0500, Frank Balonis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to implment the password reminder as specified here:
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?PasswordReminder
>
> I have a fresh install of Request Tracker 3.4.4 from testing on Debian.
>
> Nothing else has been done other then setup the database and the RT_SiteConfig to use mysql and my site title.
>
> I followed the instructions and this is the error I recieve when attemtping to use he Reminder link:
>
>       error:  Can't locate object method "new" via package "RT::Action::SendPasswordEmail" (perhaps you forgot to load "RT::Action::SendPasswordEmail"?) at /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/User_Overlay.pm line 803.
>
>       context:  ...
>             799:  . " a password reminder "
>             800:  . "but couldn't find a password change template" );
>             801:  }
>             802:
>             803:  my $notification = RT::Action::SendPasswordEmail->new(
>             804:  TemplateObj => $template,
>             805:  Argument => $pass
>             806:  );
>             807:
>
>       code stack:  /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/User_Overlay.pm:803
>       /usr/local/share/request-tracker3.4/html/NoAuth/Reminder.html:37
>       /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/autohandler:85
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

You're missing the ResetPassword overlay that I provided when I originally
came up with this modification.  The one that comes with RT by default
is old and doesn't work because RT::Action::SendPasswordEmail never
existed on 3.4 as far as I could tell.

Travis
 Travis Campbell  -  Unix Systems Administrator =    travis at mpdtxmail.amd.com
    5900 E. Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78741    =     travis.campbell at amd.com