[rt-users] user gets two accounts when logging in from Web and via email

Steven McDonald mcdonald at triumf.ca
Wed Jul 5 15:34:03 EDT 2006

Hi

    At our site we use sendmail with the long name feature enabled. This
means a user that has a username jdoe and a gecos field set to the users
full name say John Doe can have email addressed to either jdoe at org.com
or john.doe at org.com.We also have the LDAP Overlap installed. The problem
is the following,

When a user  logs on from the web interface their account gets
automatically created based on their LDAP username and email, where the
email  from the LDAP is their username at org.com. The problem is if this
same user sends an email to RT but they have configured their mail
client to use their return email address as john.doe at org.com as new user
gets created called john.doe at org.com, now the user has two accounts one
by their username created when they login via the WEB UI and the other
when they send email directly to RT.

How can I avoid this?

Do I have to customize my LoadORCreateByEmail in User_Overlay.pm or is
there another way.

Thanks
Steve