[rt-users] 3.6 continual re-login issue

Covington, Chris Chris.Covington at plusone.com
Wed Jul 12 12:14:51 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 01:19:02PM -0500, Kaylea Hascall wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I got fed up with trying to make my previous RT install work and removed it,
> and now I'm running 3.6. The problems I was having with 3.4 are gone, but
> there's a new problem.
>
> Every time I click on anything, I have to log in again. It saves my 'state'
> as I go -- logging in again gives me the 'result' of my click. Click, log in,
> see confirmation screen, click, log in, see next menu, etc. Apache logs don't
> reveal any problems, and RT isn't logging any errors to its logfile.
>
> I searched the archives and corresponded with Shawn Plummer of CIT SUNY
> Geneseo, who reported the same (or similar) issue to the list back when 3.6
> came out, and neither of us have come to any resolution.
>
> Has anyone found a fix for this problem? I'm running gentoo, mysql, apache2,
> mod_perl -- a combination which worked under 3.4 right up until I broke it by
> updating my perl modules. Maybe it is still a perl module versioning issue,
> but I don't know which module to blame :/

Me neither.  I have had this problem for several months.  I'm using
dev-perl/DBD-mysql-3.0004, perl 5.8.8, Mysql 5.0.19, FastCGI, apache 2.0.58.
My workaround is to use Apache auth instead:

Set($WebExternalAuth , '1');
Set($WebFallbackToInternalAuth , '1');
Set($WebExternalGecos , undef);
Set($WebExternalAuto , '1');

It would be nice to fix the problem (it's cookie-related) but I haven't
been able to so far.

---
Chris Covington
IT