[rt-users] customising the display of roles

taan taan at cryologic.com
Sun Jul 16 20:51:14 EDT 2006

In RT-3.6.0 we use the built-in roles for different purposes depending
on queue. For instance in one queue we use the AdminCC role for people
that MUST add information to a ticket, where in another queue we use
AdminCC as the person responsible for managing the ticket as it is
assigned different Owners.

The main problem is that even with adequate training and step-by-step
guides the roles can be confused, especially during ticket creation. I
would like to be able to customise the display of roles on the ticket
creation page depending on queue (eg instead of AdminCC, display Manager).

I could do something equivalent using custom fields and scrips, or using
a web form for ticket entry, but was wondering if it would be more or
less complicated to modify the ticket creation page, my preferred solution.

Has anybody had a similar requirement and if so how have you handled it?

regards
Taan Lindemans