[rt-users] RT LDAP with OpenLdap and Exchange 5.5

Joachim Thuau jthuau at heavy-iron.com
Mon Jul 17 17:54:37 EDT 2006

Actually, the directory is available through ldap (maybe not in the default
install, but it can be enabled).
see, for example,
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/reskit/exc00.mspx
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/reskit/exc00.mspx>

Now, that doesn't actually solve the problem. Ian, i would suggest you get
something like a ldap browser, and point it to your exchange server to make
sure that
    1) you have the proper credentials/account info to connect to that ldap
service
    2) that you double check the schema that exchange is using.
    3) adapt your settings in either RT's config (server, login/pass) and/or
exchange to pull the data you wish (correct the mapping).

may i suggest you have a quick look at "Softerra LDAP Browser" (a google
search should yield a couple download link). I believe that there is a
version of that client that is free. this would allow you to verify that all
the settings that you are using are all correct.

Sorry for not giving you a straight answer. I have installed RT 3.6.0 only 2
weeks ago, and i have been extremely happy with the little testing with have
done on it so far...

Thanks,
Jok