[rt-users] Search on merged ticket differs between 3.4.5 & 3.6.0

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Mon Jul 17 18:14:53 EDT 2006

We recently upgraded our RT instance from 3.4.5 to 3.6.0.   The new
version is really great and I like the fact that the front page can now
be customized so very easily.

There is one thing that has changed, and that's the behaviour of RT when
dealing with merged tickets.   Let's say I have two tickets:  100 & 200.
   I merge 100 into 200.  In 3.4.5 I could type either ticket number
into the search box and bring up ticket 200.  In 3.6.0 I can only access
ticket 200.  Trying 100 in the search box returns "0 tickets found".

If I use rt-mailgate and send an e-mail with a subject of [mydomain.com
#100] the transaction is properly appended to ticket 200, so there is no
problem along those lines.

Is this "working as designed" or has something gone awry between the two
versions?

Barry