[rt-users] RT 3.6 Internet Explorer window resize crashes browser

Helmuth Ramirez HelmuthRamirez at compupay.com
Tue Jul 18 08:59:27 EDT 2006

I'm having the EXACT issue mentioned here.  My backend is Debian Sarge
with MySql running RT3.6.

Just in case I didn't send my e-mail in correctly, here is the original
e-mail I am referring to:

*******************************
Hello

Recently upgraded to RT 3.6 from RT3.4.
Running on BSD5.4 with Mysql

Site works fine in Mozilla.

When a user using Internet Explorer logs into RT and then resizes the
window, the browser instance becomes unresponsive and must be shut down.

If I resize the login page, this does not happen.
Message shows up at bottom of browser saying 4 items remaining and that
it is Downloading picture cb.gif or ct.gif from the server. This
flickers for a few moments and then stops..
While this is occurring, the server itself becomes unresponsive. If I go
to another browser and attempt to login to the site, I get a timeout
error. Ssh client still works.

The debug.log and the apache logs do not show any activity while this is
occurring.

The at a glance page formatting is not showing up correctly. The
reminders and quick search boxes are on top of the 10 highest priority
tickets I own and 10 newest tickets.

Problem occurs on version 6.0.2900.2180 sp2 and 6.0.2800.1106 sp1
versions of Internet Explorer. Have not tried others.

Thanks for any responses.

Steve Hache