[rt-users] email addresses in the cc field do not receive emails related to the ticket

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Tue Jul 25 16:11:15 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 14:09 -0400, Ben McLendon wrote:
> We are running a new install of RT 3.4.5 on Redhat ES4.
>
> When creating a ticket and entering a recipient in the cc field, the
> named recipient does not receive a copy of the ticket.

Hi Ben,

I think what you are looking for is the ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs
config option in the RT_SiteConfig.pm file.  Be sure to read the warning
carefully and also set the RTAddressRegexp variable.

Note, this only works for Cc's on emails that create new tickets, not
for Cc's on followups to existing tickets.  We needed Cc's on emails
that both create new tickets and followup to existing tickets to be
added as watchers to the ticket, so I patched (see attachment) the code
and added a comparable config option called:

ParseFollowupMessageForTicketCcs

I have seen similar questions come up in the past after searching
through the RT list archives.  Are there any other RT users that would
find this useful?  Maybe something similar to this patch can be added to
the main RT distribution.

~Jason

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |