[rt-users] Help with SetTicketPropertiesViaMail

Mike Hamilton mike.quail.lake at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 10:43:24 EDT 2006

Hello,
I have been using:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?SetTicketPropertiesViaMail
from the wiki to let my RT users set ownership and status from email. I'm
using the first technique on the above referenced wiki article. This
technique has been working fine for at least a couple of months. Our users
use this feature either from Outlook or from their Blackberry. We use MS
Exchange. Our mail admin recently re-did the Exchange server. The Scrip
still works fine from Outlook, but it does not work from the Blackberry
devices. As I dug deeper, I found that messages from the Blackberry devices
are being converted to HTML. RT ends up with two messages for each email
sent from the Blackberry: one listed as text/plain, and the other listed as
text/html. Despite the fact that there are two forms of the same message,
neither works.
Like I said earlier, this still works from Outlook, just not from the
Blackberry devices. Below is a copy of what appears in the content. Outlook
is replying to the message with plain text. When a message goes through the
Blackberry, it gets converted to HTML - apparently by Exchange. I attached a
screenshot of what the transaction looks like. Below is the content of each.

(text/plain)

Set-owner:MikeHamilton
Stuff goes here

The attachment has the page source of the message that was added to
the ticket history along with a screenshot
 of the transaction