[rt-users] default refresh rate

Mathew Snyder jokermjs19 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 28 21:52:55 EDT 2006

Norton, Ian wrote:
> Hi Mathew,
>
>> Where do I change the default refresh rate from "Don't
>> refresh this page" to any of the other options?
>
> There isn't a way to do this as a system wide default in the existing
> configuration.  I extracted a patch from the LDAP overlay at
> www.mosemann.com
> to do this:
>
> http://www.lancs.ac.uk/~norton/dev/rt/notes.html#20050506__system_wide_c
> onfigurable_default_refresh_periods
>
> This patch works with 3.4.x.  I have an updated version for 3.6.0 but
> havn't yet
> updated the docs or tested it in production.
>
> Any chance we could see a system wide default refresh period in the
> distributed
> config development type peeps?
>
> Regards, Ian.

Thanks, I had found an even simpler solution though.  I added the
following lines to index.html:

#  These lines added to change the default refresh interval
unless ($session{'home_refresh_interval'}) {
    $session{'home_refresh_interval'} = 120;  # Value in seconds.
}

--
If we don't protect freedom of speech, how will we know who the assholes
are?