[rt-users] 3.6.0rc3: giving groups modification rights on members of other groups?

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Thu Jun 1 13:33:18 EDT 2006

        Is it possible for a user-defined group to get the "AdminUser"
right but only for selected users? i.e. I've got a U-D group "support".
I'd like members of the Support group to be able to modify user
information for unprivileged users, but not for members of other
user-defined groups.

        In the groups rights screen for the support group
(Configuration->Groups->Support) I've given the support group the
following rights on the Unprivileged group:

AdminGroup
AdminGroupMembership
ModifyOwnMembership
SeeGroup

...but support members are still unable to modify user information for
unpriv'd users. Am I missing something?

--
/Ole Craig
Security Engineer