[rt-users] Problem with Autoreply template

Steve Kirk skirk at insomniacgames.com
Thu Jun 1 12:58:58 EDT 2006

I'm following the wiki's advice here:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?UniqueAutoReplies  ("the easy
way")

It picks up the new template, but always fails, logging the following
error:
     RT: error:    couldn't parse head; error near: Thanks for emailing
info at insomniacgames.com.
     (/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Template_Overlay.pm:369)

It always has this parse error on the first line of the template body,
no matter the content.

I've deleted that template, and re-created it several times.  I've
changed the text into many various iterations, from the full body (which
I'd like to have) down to as simple as "hi" - it always gives the parse
error.

I've even gone as far as to create a completely blank template, named
Autoreply, no description, no body-text, and the error is still logged.

If I delete the template altogether, the global template is picked up &
used perfectly fine.

I should note I've created a custom Resolved template for this same
queue and it works fine.  I almost want to say it feels like it's
something specific to 'Autoreply'.

Any ideas on what I can look at?  I've not seen (going back to July'05)
anything in the archives that would seem to talk about this.

Thanks!
  Steve Kirk
  IT Group
  Insomniac Games