[rt-users] 3.6.0rc3: giving groups modification rights on members of other groups?

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Thu Jun 1 15:57:37 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 15:42 -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> You're welcome to have your money back ;) Seriously, though, it's a
> feature that I'd find useful, but isn't something we've ever _needed_ in
> house or at any customer site. If you hack it together in a way that
> would be a sane RT core change, it's something I'd be happy to see in a
> future release.

I'll see what I can come up with. It'll be a good excuse to dust off my
Camel. :-)

[...]
> It was clear. More often, I see this requirement as "Customer service
> should be able to modify user attributes for unprivileged users. Your
> description is a reasonable generalization.

Yup, I was attempting to generalize into the existing ACL paradigm as
much as possible. (Plus we're probably going to have multiple levels of
users, and some levels should be able to modify others -- partners,
resellers, OEM... &etc.)

[...]
> The brevity was actually likely due to the fact that I'm crunching on
> way too many things but still want to be at least marginally useful to
> the community. It seemed like I could give you a "nope, it's not there".
> I didn't mean it to sound abrasive. Sorry if I did.

Not at all! I was just thinking that since you replied so quickly and
definitively (and without any of your usual hints to the effect of "but
if you wanted to do <this-other-almost-the-same-thing> here's where to
look") ...it seemed unlikely that my restatement would provoke a
different response. No abrasion was inferred or suffered, and my
apologies for jogging your elbow mid-juggle. (Or mid-crunch.)

	Thanks for a great toolkit,
		Ole
--
/Ole Craig